Saskatchewan First Nations And Metis Citizens Paying For Brad Wall's Financial Mismanagement
If you happen to be an Aboriginal or Northern citizen of the Province of Saskatchewan, government programs that existed to bridge the economic disparity between you and non-aboriginal persons were hacked and slashed:
· The First Nations and Métis Business Development Program has been eliminated – a loss of $750,000
· The Aboriginal Employment Development Program has been eliminated – a loss of $786,000. This program has also traditionally leveraged approximately $1 million per year in federal funding which has been lost.
· First Nations and Métis Pre K-12 Education has been cut by $237,000.
· Support for Aboriginal Organizations cut by $440,000.
· The Northern Saskatchewan Trappers Association Grant has been eliminated.
· The Aboriginal Urban Management Program has been eliminated.
· The First Nations Access Road Pilot Project has been deferred ($5 million).
· Aboriginal Relations in the Environment Department has been cut by $180,000.
· $30 Million has been cut from Forest Fire Management
-New Democrat Opposition Identifies Massive Cuts To Aboriginal and Northern Expenditures