Here's 5 Questions That Harper - Flaherty And The Conservatives WILL NOT Answer About Corporate Tax Cuts!
• What evidence does the government have that reducing corporate taxes stimulates job creation? Surely, after a decade of cuts, it can offer Canadians more than empty Right wing slogans.
• How does Flaherty know corporations will use their tax cuts to hire workers rather than invest in labour-saving equipment, give their executives big bonuses, increase their shareholders’ dividends, facilitate mergers and acquisitions or simply sock the money away?
• Why, if the finance minister is so eager to encourage hiring, did he jack up employment insurance premiums on Jan. 1? Nothing kills jobs faster than a payroll tax increase.
• What proof can he provide that corporate tax cuts make Canadian companies more competitive? They could well have the opposite effect. Instead of hustling for business, investing in research, or capitalizing on Canadian innovations, firms can sit back and wait for the next instalment of tax relief to undercut their international rivals.
• Why is it good economic policy to shift an ever-growing portion of the tax burden from businesses (many of which are highly profitable) to individuals (many of whom are struggling to get back on their feet after the recession)?