--Harper Completely Sidesteps PMO / Senate Scandal - Today marks the beginning of the end of his government ...
Stephen Harper's speech to his Caucus isn't going to work out very well for the Conservatives in the long run.
Here's how the emergency Conservative Caucus meeting went this morning:
1) Harper invited the Parliamentary Press Gallery into the Caucus room for the first part of the meeting.
2) He started the meeting by making a statement. He didn't let Caucus members have a chance to do or say anything on the issue in front of the press.
3) He had his stern face on and lectured the Caucus, threatening anyone who falsely files expense claims from here on.
4) The Caucus applauded ..
5) The Press were not allowed to ask any questions and then left the meeting.
6) Basically the emergency Conservative Caucus meeting was over. Control of the Caucus by the PMO remains resolute and firm.
7) There was no press scrum with Harper after the Caucus meeting.
8) Harper will leave shortly for his trip to Peru.
... all hell breaks loose in social media and perhaps even the MSM! :)
(graphic reproduced with kind permission of Montreal Simon ....)