Shooting On Parliament Hill In Ottawa !!! UPDATED
- There have been 3 separate shooting incidents in and around the House of Commons in Ottawa, Canada. Details are sketchy. Early reports that Soldier at War Memorial has died from attack.
- At least two people were shot after multiple gunmen opened fire on Parliament Hill and the nearby cenotaph.
- An arrest has been made.
- One victim appears to be a soldier. Several people were seen performing CPR.
- Another body is reported to be on the ground just outside the Library of Parliament. Dozens of shots were heard.
- Two men were seen jumping from a Toyota Corolla, followed by dozens of shots.
- Veteran Affairs Minister Julian Fantino told QMI Agency at least one of the shooters was shot and killed inside the building.
- Journalists reported police were trying to keep them away from the scene. Those inside Parliament reported they were told to stay inside rooms with the door locked.
Parliament Hill came under attack today after a man with a rifle shot and fatally wounded a soldier standing guard at the National War Memorial in downtown Ottawa, before seizing a car and driving to the doors of Parliament Hill's Centre Block nearby.
The slain soldier is Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, a reservist from Hamilton.
- Watch Prime Minister Stephen Harper address the nation live
- Mobile users, watch CBC News live coverage of the attacks
It was confirmed later the gunman was shot dead inside the building, felled by the House of Commons sergeant-at-arms and RCMP, according to MPs' accounts.