Memorable Quotes From 2007
1) "Don't Tase Me, Bro,"
Andrew Meyer - September 17th
2) "I want to get out, help me find the way...Police! Police! Can't you help me?"
(seconds before he was
killed by members of the Royal
Canadian Mounted Police)
3) "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
Columbia University - October
4) "I think as far as the adverse impact on the nation around the world, this administration has been the worst in history."
Former President Jimmy Carter
(in an interview in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette newspaper)
5) "I don't recall."
Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales'
[repeated over and over and over and over ....]
6)“The global warming debate is a scam to begin with. The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the UN's official group of climate change scientists, states that even if every country in the world followed the Kyoto Protocol to a 'T' for 100 years, the world would not cool off at all. So while global warming hypocrisy is fun to point out, it really doesn't matter, since mankind's impact on climate is negligible."
July 30, 2007
7) "I think Canadians believe in this mission. Canadians believe Canada is in Afghanistan for a good cause, and I believe they support our soldiers in doing it."
General Rick Hillier
(Responding to a Decima poll that shows 59 per cent of Canadians agreed with the statement that Canadian soldiers "are dying for a cause we cannot win.")
8. "I have a wide stance when going to the bathroom."
Idaho Sen. Larry Craig (Rep)
(explaining why his foot touched that of an undercover policeman in a men's room.
9. "I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that's a storybook, man."
Senator Joe Biden (Dem)
(describing rival Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama)
10. "That is what Christianity is. We believe the Old Testament, but ours is more like Federal Express. You have to obey laws. We know we're all sinners — that is what Christians consider themselves: perfected Jews."