« Home | Bush Vetos Bill To Prevent Water Boarding And Othe... » | F.B.I. Investigates Missing Republican Party Money... » | Liberal / Tory .... Same Old Story! » | FBI chief: Lack of legal shield won't halt telecom... » | NAFTA-Gate Probe Will Now Include The Prime Minist... » | Layton: "Fair and sustainable trade, that's what w... » | Harper Government Will Argue In Federal Court That... » | President Bush Was Tap Dancing For The Media Today! » | I Wonder If Some Day I Will Write A Post With The ... » | The Sheer Number Of Scandals Are Now Starting To B... » 

Sunday, March 09, 2008 

I Am Glad That I Live In A Place Where I Don't Have To Change My Clock Back And Forth!

"I object to being told that I am saving daylight when my reason tells me that I am doing nothing of the kind. I even object to the implication that I am wasting something valuable if I stay in bed after the sun has risen. As an admirer of moonlight I resent the bossy insistence of those who want to reduce my time for enjoying it. At the back of the Daylight Saving scheme I detect the bony, blue-fingered hand of Puritanism, eager to push people into bed earlier, and get them up earlier, to make them healthy, wealthy and wise in spite of themselves."
Robertson Davies
The Diary of Samuel Marchbanks

Canadians change their clocks this weekend ... unless of course if you live in Saskatchewan!

Yes here comes the yearly debate on Newstalk 980 between Two of Sasks Radio hosts again.

On one side we have Murray Wood anti time Change

And the other side John Gormley Pro time Change

I don't listen to Newstalk Radio because both Gormley and Wood are right wingers who kiss Brad Wall's butt everyday.

This will be a bigger debate (as usual) then just the right wing radio geeks ... every coffee shop and water cooler will see it's share of this old old Saskatchewan debate!

Yes Its an old Debate that never ends.

WOW...

You think Murray Wood is a Right Winger?

That gives me an Idea of how Extremely to the Left you are.

Have a good, and Be happy that we don't change are clocks.

oops, That should say

Have a good day and be happy that we don't change are clocks.

Actually huff it says more about how extremely far to the Right YOU are if you think that Murray ('I love the War in Iraq') Woods is 'left'!

Leftdog,

Do you know what States don't change there Clocks?

I don't know them off hand.

I think that there is just one and I seem to recall that it is Nevada. I might be wrong.

No actually I think Arizona is the state that doesn't change.

huffb1 is right about Wood and about how far left leftdog must be... lol

Actually, I have a solution that would work great.

In spring, we set our clocks forward one hour, but in the fall, we only set them back 45 minutes, thus giving us a net 15 minutes of extra daylight. In 96 years, we'll have daylight 24 hours a day....

Now that is a made in SK solution!

Good thinking Mike!

I wish you still had a blog.

It sounds to me like old Samuel didn't have to get up in the morning and go to work. In other words, he wasn't a slave to the clock. For such people it is completely irrelevant what the clock says in relation to the position of the sun. Yet these are the most vociferous opponents of change, those to whom change would mean the least, if it meant anything at all. These are people who don't WORK, who are OLD. They are those who haven't had a new idea or a new thought since '65, and would probably suffer dire pain if they did.
No, time change is for those who it affects the most, working men and women who ARE slaves to the clock, who, year after year, interminable winter after interminable winter, must endure the squandering of all those good hours, of which SK has such a dearth, because the cognitively constipated hold sway on this issue. THIS attitude reflects a parsimonious Puritanism that bridles at the thought that someone, somewhere, may have their lifestyle enhanced and improved by positive CHANGE. I am surprised that you are part of that faction, Buckdog.

If we had Arizona's climate, time change would be a non-issue.

One thing is known for sure -- the time change referendum is going to ensure one of the highest voter turnouts in recent memory for Sask.

I think everyone should just take it easy on the issue. In four years, there will be a vote. Everyone can politely have their say and live happily with the result.

I for one would support time change as it means more daylight deck lounging in the summer as well as golf.

It's that simple.

Leftdog,

The sunrise in Regina is currently 7:19 am and sunset is 6:57 pm.

In Kamloops, now on Pacific Daylight Time, the sun rises at 7:23 am and sets at 7:01.

Now it looks to like Regina is already on daylight savings time???

I was about to say that parts of Indiana don't do daylight savings time either, but apparently that's changed since the last time I was there. Who knew?

Sure, in the U.S. overall it might save energy, but daylight savings time has zero effect on the amount of energy used in more northern latitudes because you just have to turn your lights on earlier in the morning instead. Some studies are saying it actually consumes MORE energy.

And this nonsense of Ontario extending daylight savings just because the U.S. did it is such crap. Sure, the extra daylight in the evening is nice in the summer, but we here in Ontario just sprang the clocks ahead LAST WEEKEND - with three or four feet of !@#$# snow on the ground!

Upshot: do it if you want, but don't kid yourselves that that it's about energy. It's about keeping up with the Americans.

Post a Comment



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates