Radovan Karadzic Extradited To Face Trial In The Hague
Alleged mass murderer, Radovan Karadzic was extradited Wednesday morning from Serbia to the Netherlands to face trial for war crimes.
His extradition comes on the heels of a demonstration by ultra-nationalist right wing supporters in Belgrade. Dozens of his supporters clashed with police in a desperate attempt to prevent his extradition.
Here is a summary of the charges he faces:
- One count of genocide (Srebrenica and elsewhere in Bosnia).
- One count of complicity in genocide (Srebrenica and elsewhere in Bosnia).
- One count of extermination, a crime against humanity.
- One count of murder as a crime against humanity
- One count of murder as a violation of the laws or customs of war.
- One count of willful killing as a grave breach of the Geneva Conventions governing wartime conduct.
- One count of persecution.
- Two counts of deportations and other inhumane acts.
- One count of inflicting terror upon civilians.
- One count of taking hostages.
-Lukewarm turnout at mass rally for Karadzic