« Home | 'Daily Newspaper Industry' - Rest In Peace! » | 'Taliban' Harper Says Victory NOT Possible In Afgh... » | Is Stephen Harper The New 'Bush'? » | Is The 'Force' With Us Or Against Us? - Today's RCMP » | Harper's Anti-gang Measures Will Fail - Ending Mar... » | Polish Authorities May Charge Mounties Who Killed ... » | Sask NDP Leadership Race - PROFILE - Yens Pedersen » | Sask NDP Leadership Race - PROFILE - Dwain Lingenf... » | Saskatchewan Liberals Take Sharp Ideological Turn ... » | Harper Is NO Obama! » 

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 

Harper And Other Assorted War Mongers Owe An Apology

Stephen Harper will NEVER come forward and admit that he was WRONG on the Afghanistan military mission and that New Democrats were not being 'unpatriotic' when we said that 'winning' in Afghanistan was going to be impossible. But he should!

As a New Democrat, I was told that I was unpatriotic and that by wanting to be realistic and pragmatic about the lives of Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan, I was not as worthy a citizen as those who actively supported the war. Harper insisted that as a New Democrat, (who said that since all wars end eventually, let's skip the killing and bombing phase and see if we can go directly to some form of talks), I was supporting the enemy.

To score partisan political points, Harper, his Conservatives and those Liberals who support the war in Afghanistan, have insulted and denigrated fellow Canadian citizens in order to advance their own political interests.

An apology is in order ... but I won't hold my breath in anticipation of it.


Stupid people still think military victory is possible in Afghanistan.


... twitter? ...

I opposed the war, and I'm not holding my breath either.

To the contrary - it wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the relatively near future someone resuscitates the old Vietnam rationale that Canada could have won if it hadn't been for us seditious lefties gumming up the works.

Good point ... I think I can even predict where it will come from. So let's diarize your comment and throw it back at them when they try!

P.S. - RevDave, you have a great blog and I've added it to my blogroll in the sidebar!

Post a Comment



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates