« Home | Someone Should Stick A Cork In General Hillier's M... » | Is Harper A Flying Hypocrite? » | 'Genocidal' Iran Must Be Stopped - Jason Kenney Says » | Reasons For The Hasty Execution of Saddam Hussein » | WHO Needs $1 Billion To End Polio - Afghanistan Ha... » | Why Does Harper Want To Curtail Your Rights And Fr... » | Cheney Unhurt After Suicide Attack In Afghanistan » | Saskatchewan To Provide Free Wireless Internet Access » | Memo to Stephane Dion's Handlers » | Saskatchewan Liberal Convention - YAWN- » 

Friday, March 02, 2007 

Stephen Hawking To Experience Weightlessness In Sub Orbital Flight


CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida (AP) -- Renowned theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, who wrote the best-selling book, "A Brief History of Time," soon will experience a brief history with weightlessness.

Hawking, who uses a wheelchair and is almost completely paralyzed by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or Lou Gehrig's disease, plans to go on a weightless flight on April 26, officials at the flight operator said Thursday.

The flight, operated by Zero Gravity Corp., a Fort Lauderdale, Florida-based space tourism and entertainment company, will take off and return to a landing strip at the Kennedy Space Center.

CNN.com


tag

Music he might be listening.
http://razdanvinayak.blogspot.com/2007/02/stephen-hawkings-on-desert-island.html

Ok...I have to come clean... I've read all S.H.'s books *head hangs low*... I am a closeted science geek.

E

E. - I've read two of his books and he is a brilliant communicator!

Did you see his cameo appearence on Star Trek Next Gen where he played himself along with holodeck versions of Sir Issac Newton and Albert Einstein?

Why not just take him bunjy jumping?

I wonder if you considered tagging this post with "global warming"...

:-) OF COURSE I saw him on Star Trek... you can't be a science geek and not have seen every episode of Star Trek ever made ( over and over...) My favorite Next Generation episodes were typically the ones with Q, but then again, I loved them all...

By any chance, did you get to see the special they had on a few weeks ago showing the Star Trek auction at Christies?? It was WAY cool!

Ethel

And by the way... my 9 year old is a science geek in training... she's fascinated by Einstein. I plan on starting to read A Brief History for bedtime in a blatant attempt to sway her toward astro- physics... I'll let you know if it works :-)

E

I saw that the prices for the Christies sale was pretty high. That is cool that your 9 year old is a science buff - on Star Trek, I am a big Borg fan - the right wingers who watch my site won't be surprised by that!!!

Eric - good point, there would need to be some serious offsets.

* shudder* The Borg episodes scared the hell out of me...mechanized right-wingers on steroids... ugh... I actually make snide comments to my husband about the fundie right-wingers belonging to "the collective".

E

Yep those prices were really high... I kept thinking ... "if I only had a few spare 100,000 dollars..."

The Enterprise model would've been awesome hanging from a ceiling... told ya I'm a geek at heart...

E

Post a Comment



Follow leftdog on Twitter




About Me

Archives

BANNED FOR ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR

  • -Carmichael-
  • Things I Read

    • -Canadian Political Viewpoints-
    • -ZAG-
    • -Next Year Country-
    • -Huffington Post: Canada-
    • -LEFTIST JAB-
    • -Let Freedom Rain-
    • -Informed On Information-
    • -Wellington Post-NDP-
    • -Trapped In A Whirlpool-
    • -Larry Hubich's Blog-
    • -ROGERISM-
    • -Leftdog's Daily KOS Blog Page-
    • -RIDER PROPHET-
    • -Dipper Chick
    • -Ideagist -
    • -Al Barger's MORETHINGS.COM-
    • -Canadian Cynic-
    • Saskatchewan Progressive Bloggers
    • *NEW DEMOCRATIC PARTY*
    • My Zimbio
      Top Stories
    • Blogarama - The Blog Directory
    • Politics Blogs - Blog Top Sites
      View blog authority
    • Display Pagerank
    • Canada's NDP
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates